Continuing the Crook County News Since 1884

Weather hampers fire response

Firefighters were able to contain a blaze in the attic of a home over the weekend, despite the best efforts of the weather.

"Everything that could go wrong, did," says Fire Chief Gari Gill.

The report came in late on Friday evening that a fire had started at a home on Canyon Springs Rd, south of Sundance, and smoke was visible in the eaves.

The cause is thought to have been a separated chimney. However, says Gill, at this time a full investigation is pending until the cold clears up a little.

Two trucks from Sundance Volunteer Fire Department responded to the call at around 11 p.m. and were...