Sundance Times - Continuing the Crook County News Since 1884

Peek at the Past


January 19, 2023

100 Years Ago

January 18, 1923

Sweeping recommendations for laws to be passed by the seventeenth Wyoming legislature were made by Gov. William B. Ross. Chief among the recommendations made by the state executive were: abolish the state farm board and the state board of immigration. Combine the board of livestock commissioners, the board of sheep commissioners and the state veterinarian’s office. Adopt a severance license tax on products removed from the state. Provide for a constitutional amendment to tax the coal and oil properties instead of merely the output of those properties. Increa...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Our Family of Publications Includes:


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2022