Public Service Commission
April 28, 2022
Pursuant to the Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act and the Wyoming Public Service Commission’s (Commission) Rules, the Commission hereby gives notice of Powder River Energy Corporation’s (PRECorp or the Cooperative) Application for authority to revise the Cooperative’s Tariff Rate Schedule for Time of Use (TOU), effective October 1, 2022.
1. PRECorp is a non-profit cooperative public utility as defined in Wyo. Stat. § 37-1-101(a)(vi)(C), subject to the Commission’s jurisdiction pursuant to Wyo. Stat. § 37-2-112.
2. On April 13, 2022, PRECorp submitted its Application, requesting authority to revise its Tariff Rate Schedule for TOU, effective October 1, 2022. PRECorp is a Class A member of Basin Electric Power Cooperative (Basin), from which it secures its power requirements via agreements and contracts. The Cooperative states its request is to align its TOU with Basin’s recently updated General Rate Structure – Demand Waiver Period.
3. If approved, the Cooperative’s proposal will expand the current TOU period from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for PRECorp members utilizing these rates. The Cooperative proposes to implement these changes via its Tariff Rate Schedules pages 9-10 Residential (R) TOU, 25-26 General Service (GS) TOU, and Large Power (LP) TOU.
4. This is not a complete description of the Application. Interested persons may inspect the Application at the Cooperative’s business office located in Sundance, Wyoming or at the Commission’s offices in Cheyenne. The Application is available for inspection by any interested person during regular business hours or online at: https://dms.wyo.gov/external/publicusers.aspx (enter Record No. 17035).
5. Anyone desiring to file a statement, public comment, protest, intervention petition, or request for a public hearing in this matter must file in writing with the Commission on or before May 18, 2022. Any intervention request filed with the Commission shall set forth the grounds of the proposed intervention or request for hearing as well as the position and the interest of the petitioner in this proceeding. Please mention Docket No. 10014-223-CT-21 in your communications.
6. If you wish to intervene in this matter or request a public hearing which you will attend, and you require reasonable accommodation for a disability, call the Commission at (307) 777-7427 or write to the Commission, 2515 Warren Avenue, Suite 300, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002. Communications-impaired persons may contact the Commission through Wyoming Relay at 711.
Dated: April 18, 2022.
Publish: April 21 and 28, 2022