Peek at the Past
January 20, 2022
100 Years Ago
No paper available.
75 Years Ago
Jan. 15, 1947
The Jake Chaffin ranch home, located about five miles west of Sundance, was completely razed by fire Sunday night while Jake was in town. The home and all its contents and all personal articles as well as valuable papers were destroyed in the fire, which according to Chaffin was caused by the high winds of that evening which apparently blew down the chimney so hard that it blew live coals out of the wood stove on to the floor.
John Lindsey was named president of the Sundance Commercial Club, William Beckley, vice preside...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.