Sundance Times - Continuing the Crook County News Since 1884

Wood shop burns in early morning fire

 

February 18, 2021

A wood shop near the center of Sundance caught fire in the early hours of Friday morning, leading to a total loss of the structure but no injuries to people or damage to surrounding buildings.

The structure was located on North West Street, across the alley from some houses but in a large open spot. The fire was called in by the landowner, who lives across the alley and had been unable to extinguish the flames himself.

“We suspect it was started by the chimney on a wood stove. It was a complete loss, but being 17 below makes fighting fire a little difficult at 3 o’clock in the morning,...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 02/26/2021 20:01