Sundance Times - Continuing the Crook County News Since 1884

Fire consumes ranch hand house

 

May 2, 2019

Courtesy photo

A home burning Saturday on the Bush Ranch near Hulett.

A weekend fire near Hulett unfortunately consumed a ranch hand house and hunting lodge on the Bush Ranch. The fire was called in on Saturday, April 27, at around 12:30 p.m. according to Fire Chief Jack Johnson.

The ranch is located 19 miles out of Hulett. Engine 51, Brush 7 and Unit 433 all responded from Hulett when the call came in. Around 45 minutes later, Moorcroft firefighters arrived with an engine and tanker and volunteers from Sundance, Pine Haven and Carlile also assisted. Hulett EMS also responded.

Though the cause of the fire has not yet been confirmed, says Johnson, it appears to have been caused by propane.


 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019