September 16, 2021
CITY OF SUNDANCE, WYOMING
ORDINANCE NO. 4, 2021
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NO. 2, 2013, PERTAINING TO SHIPPING CONTAINERS, QUONSETS, PORTABLE CONTAINERS, OFF-PREMISES SIGNS, OUTDOOR ADVERTISING SIGNS AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SUNDANCE, CROOK COUNTY, WYOMING:
SECTION 1: CHAPTER 7, SECTION 702.1 OF ORDINANCE NO. 2, 2013 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS:
702.1 Industrial District (I). The I industrial district is intended to provide for the community’s needs for wholesale trade, storage and warehousing, trucking and transportation terminals, light and heavy manufacturing and similar activities.
Permitted uses in the industrial district include:
• Heavy commercial;
• Heavy manufacturing, processing, fabrication or warehousing;
• Wrecking or salvage yards;
• Veterinary hospitals or kennels;
• Building material sales yard; contractor yards;
• Wholesale trade;
• Shipping containers, look-alike shipping container buildings or metal buildings marketed as containers or portable storage units. Otherwise all shipping containers, look-alike shipping container buildings or metal buildings marketed as containers or portable storage units shall be prohibited in any area other than an area zoned industrial.
SECTION 2: CHAPTER 7, SECTION 702.2 OF ORDINANCE NO. 2, 2013 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS:
Permitted Conditional Uses
• Bulk petroleum products, manufacture or storage;
• Explosives and toxic materials; manufacture or storage;
• Any other similar use which conforms to the general purpose and intent of the I industrial district and which will be no more injurious, economically or otherwise, to property or improvements in the surrounding area than would any use generally permitted in the district;
• Portable moving containers/moving pods used for moving and temporary use shall remain on a property for not more than 30 days before being removed by the Owner
• Existing shipping containers outside of any industrial zone shall be removed by the Owner upon passage, approval and publication of these amendments to Section 702.1 and 702.2 of Ordinance No. 2, 2013.
SECTION 3: CHAPTER 10, SECTION 1006 OF ORDINANCE NO. 2, 2013 IS AMENDED TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGE:
8. Billboards, Off-Premises Signs or Outdoor Advertising Signs as defined in Chapter 10, Section 1002 shall not be allowed within the City limits of the City of Sundance.
SECTION 4: EFFECTIVE DATE
This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage, approval and publication.
PASSED, ADOPTED AND APPROVED this 7 day of September, 2021.
CITY OF SUNDANCE
BY: PAUL BROOKS, MAYOR
KATHY A. LENZ
June 1, 2021
July 6, 2021
September 7, 2021
Publish: September 16, 2021