Sundance Times - Continuing the Crook County News Since 1884

Ask Game and Fish


January 30, 2020

Q: “Do I need a license to trap or shoot a badger?”

A: American badgers are classified as furbearing animals in the State of Wyoming, so a valid furbearing animal hunting or trapping license is required to take badgers. Animals classified as furbearers in Wyoming are: badgers, beavers, bobcats, marten, mink, muskrat and weasels. Each furbearing animal species has specific season dates, limitations and other regulatory requirements for legal take. Read about taking furbearers in the Furbearing Animal Hunting or Trapping Seasons brochure or talk with your local Game and Fish Office. 


For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 01/11/2022 13:49