Sundance Times - Continuing the Crook County News Since 1884

Ask a Trooper


November 1, 2018

What are the laws pertaining hauling hay bales for personal use, do I still need to have oversize signs and permits?

No oversize load is exempt from safety regulations. If your load exceeds 102 inches (8’6”) in width, you are required to display red or fluorescent orange flags on the front and rear most protruding portion of the load. Signs displaying “Oversize Load” are required on the front and rear of the vehicle.

Over width loads may only be operated from ½ hour before sunrise to ½ hour after sunset. You may be exempt from purchasing an oversize load permit under certain...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 01/13/2021 11:56